The Perfect Burger
Although we can go in so many directions with burgers, sometimes simplicity is perfection. Get your grill fired up because we are about to start cooking some great burgers!
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumb
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 120 g beef patty
- 30 g crispy bacon
- 20 gr mushroom button, sautéed
- 20 g white onion, caramelized
- 20 gr pickled jalapeno, sliced
- 20 gr gherkin, sliced
- 1 slice American White cheddar cheese
- 2 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 15 g tomato sauce
- 5 g yellow mustard
- 1 pcs burger bun, toasted
- Beef Patty: Place beef mince in a bowl and add all ingredients. Mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated without over mixing
- Sear the beef patty on high heat to create a charred surface, cook each side for 3-4 minutes and turn the heat to medium, placing the sliced cheese on top to melt.
- The Burger: Spread tomato sauce and mustard sparingly on toasted bun, lettuce, cooked patty with melted cheese, mushroom, gherkin, jalapeno and at last crispy bacon.
A bowl of hand cut fries would be the perfect pairing to this perfectly juicy burger. Make sure you have extra napkins nearby because it is going to be deliciously messy!
For the best burger in
head down to KaBar! Opens daily 11.00 – 23.00