The best thing about Sunday is being able to sit and have a meal with your family. The stress from a daily routine should melt away with wonderful company and amazing food. Who can pass freshly baked pasta straight out of the oven for a Sunday dinner? Lasagna and cannelloni are the most famous traditional Italian baked pasta dishes that can be enjoyed anytime. Traditional recipes passed down from generation to generation keep the dish authentic.
Cannelloni is shaped like a tube to be filled with meat sauce or spinach and ricotta which is then covered with more tomato sauce and bechamel. You don’t need to be a professional chef to bake a great cannelloni with this simple recipe!
- 1 kg minced beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1000 ml tomato basil sauce
- 400 g dried cannelloni tubes
- 50 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 500 ml whole milk
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- Sautee the beef in a pan on a medium-high heat until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the oil and the 600 ml tomato basil sauce to the meat, let simmer and thickened.
- Heat the butter in a small pan. When foaming, stir in the flour until it is mixed well on a low heat. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps in the sauce.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce into the base of 2-3 large baking dishes.
- Spoon the beef into the cannelloni tubes using a teaspoon and lay on top of the sauce. Pour on the bechamel, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cook for 40-45 mins until the pasta is tender and topping golden.