Time for Breakfast!
In today’s busy world, breakfast is often replaced by a hot cup of coffee or a bowl of high sugared cereal with milk. Once said as the most important meal of the day is now seen as a hassle and nobody seems to have time do a proper breakfast.
The best way to start your day is with a serving of fresh fruits as they contain plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to fuel the body throughout the day. Fruits with deep red or purple colors such as dragon fruits, grapes and blueberries contain high levels of antioxidants while fruits with bright color such as pineapples, papayas and mangos contain pigments called “carotenoids” that the body can convert into vitamin A. Although the convenience of opening a package of boxed cereal is undisputable, with a little effort you can provide your body with these natural sources of vitamins.
Here is a simple healthy smoothie bowl that is guaranteed to taste better than the sugar coated corn flakes.
- 220 Gr Dragon fruit
- 1 Pcs Banana
- 50 Gr Granola
- 10 Gr Dry coconut
- 25 Gr Blue berry
- 5 Gr Mint leave
- Peel and cut dragon fruit into manageable dice. Put into blender.
- Peel banana and add half to the blender. The banana will act as a thickener that makes a good base.
- Transfer the thick dragon fruit and banana smoothie into a shallow bowl.
- Top the smoothie with sliced banana, dry coconut, granola and blueberry.
- Picked the mint leaves and scattered on top of the smoothie bowl as garnish.
The best thing about this recipe is you can prepare the fruits beforehand, peeling and freezing them until you are ready to use.
Kopi & Kue serves healthy breakfast and great coffee every day. Opens from 07.00 – 19.00