You have probably drunk at least one bottle of beer in your lifetime; it is the oldest and most popular alcoholic drink in the world. Beer is produced by fermenting sugar, malted barley, hops and water. The amount of alcohol varies from 4% to 6% alcohol by volume.
Here are some Beer facts that you can use to start a conversation with strangers in a bar.
- The first professional brewers were women, called a “Brewster”. In colonial America, women were tavern-keepers and brewers; beer brewing was also one of the chores done at home. As time passed, consumption of beer became higher than water, which led it to become industrialized. Men started to take over and build bigger breweries and turned beer brewing into a business.
- Belgium wins as the country with the most individual beer brands in the world. There are approximately 180 breweries in the country that produce up to 400 types of beer.
- IPA or India Pale Ale got its name when British brewers tried to ship their beer to the British Empire in India and the beer went bad due to the long voyage at sea. To preserve the beer they added more alcohol and hops creating a paler beer that packs more flavor than regular pale ales.
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty (beer) glass. The next time you are at the bar, tell the barman that you have serious condition of cenosillicaphobia, if you can even pronounce it, and have a cold pint of beer served immediately.
- At any given time, 0.7% of the world is drunk, so 50 million people are drunk right now. You are not alone.
Beer is especially delicious enjoyed in Bali weather. Although all-time favorite Bintang still dominates the market, do not shy away from other local beers such as Prost, Anker, Stark or Bali Hai. You will be pleasantly surprise.
Stop by at KaBar and open a few bottles. A good selection of local and imported beers is available to choose from along with great food.
KaBar is open from 11.00 – 23.00 for Lunch and Dinner. Watch your favorite AFL teams on the big screen.